I know that you are looking for CUIMS login to manage the existing account or to register one. But, how good is it to learn everything about Chandigarh University Information Management System (CUIMS) before landing into the official site? In regards, let me tell you more insights of CUIMS portal, student login procedure, accessing the core resources etc., here in this article. There is a lot of information to share from my end about the CUIMS login portal and I hope you find it helpful.
First, the entire web portal is managed by Chandigarh University which is in Mohali, Punjab, India and the CUIMS stands for Chandigarh University Information Management System designed primarily to manage the student data and the operations in an organized manner. What it actually means is that, as a student you can refer to the academic curriculum, attendance, status of the fee, educational resources etc., by directly logging into the portal with the given credentials. Every fresher, faculty or the staff management needs to get registered with the university to claim the CUIMS login details.
In simple words we can say that this CUIMS website is a customized system that is purely targeted in specific requirements framed by the Chandigarh University. By login into CUIMS (uims.cuchd.in), it will make the university’s administrative process easier because it is not that simple to maintain and manage the huge amount of information associated with higher education institution.
What you learn
How to get CUIMS login details?
As of now, soon after you submit the admission application, you will receive a UID which will act as a username and the password to login to CUIMS online portal. Keep in mind that the procedure and requirements might change later as per the norms of the university but it is the responsibility of Chandigarh University to share the right login information to gain access to the system. From then you can browse for student resources, fee information, resource library, notices etc., at your fingertips. It is advisable not to share the CUIMS login credentials anywhere by any change unless they are from the tech department of the University.
Apart from the student services, the University faculty or the management does have a blackboard where they can interact with their department students via cuchd.blackboard.com. This is more like an interactive approach where students can attend classes online from their smart devices or laptops. With the CUIMS blackboard, a faculty can conduct exams, announce results and can share educational content on the go.
How to download CUIMS Academics Manager App?
Unfortunately, only the Android users and students can take advantage of this handy application. With that being said there is no CIUMS App in AppStore for iPhone/iPad users. So, do you need to buy another Android smartphone to take advantage of the CIUMS app? The answer is obviously no! There is a full fledged desktop version with CUIMS login where everyone including staff & students can get quality information anytime.
To download the right application from Playstore, follow these steps.
- Go to CUIMS: Academics Manager app on Google Playstore which is developed and maintained by Avant-Garde.
- Tap on Install and wait for the CUIMS app to be installed on the chosen smartphone.
- Just login with your CUIMS username and password to access various information like tracking and managing attendance, academic time tables, marks and results.
CUIMS Login Procedure
As the operations are carried through digitally, you first need to get the login information from the Chandigarh University Management. Once you get those details, we request to follow the below mentioned procedure.
- Open the web portal of uims.cuchd.in/uims/ which will take you to the student login. As we told earlier, you need a UID and password for the student services and account. The CUIMS ID starts with YEAR followed by the Course then Registration. For example: 23MBA2234.
- After entering the UID, you will be asked to enter the password for the same user.
- After signing in, you get an account specific dashboard to browse Important Links, Fee Payment, CU Live, Student Center, Anti Ragging, Student Account Balance Sheet, Online Fee Payment History, Download Receipt etc.
CUIMS Blackboard Login for Students
In current digital world the apps like blackboard helps alot in attending the online classes without being dependent on other third party apps like Zoom, Skype etc. With that being said, CUIMS had their own application called Blackboard for the staff to take classes online.
After logging in the Blackboard application, students does have access to Course Materials like Announcements, Messages, Course Content, Collaboration, Discussions and Due Dates to the upcoming classes.
A student can view recorded sessions later just from the CUIMS blackboard app.
How to contact CUIMS to resolve student issues?
Here are the email addresses that a student can approach to rectify any kind of problems.
- Account Related email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships: email@example.com
- Load Issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Correction in Student’s Basic Information: email@example.com
- Document Pendency: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blackboard related: email@example.com
- Examination: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic Admission: email@example.com
- Bonafide Certificate: firstname.lastname@example.org. https://www.cuchd.in/online-request/
- Hostel Query: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions about CUIMS Login Portal
Q: How Can I Get CUIMS UID and ID Card?
A: You should need to contact the Head of the department (HOD) to get your ID card along with login credentials.
Q: What will be my Internet User ID and Password?
A: After completing the admission process, the student UID itself is the username & password for CUIMS login.
Q: How do I access the CUIMS Online portal?
A: You can find the above article to know the whole procedure to fetch the required information like attendance, fee status on UIMS, news etc. Alternatively, visit uims.cuchd.in for more info.
I strongly believe the above mentioned guide might help you in knowing most of the necessary insights that are required to check the student details. In case if I missed anything, let me know through the discussion section below. I wish you all the best for your future goals and let’s have some great days studying at Chandigarh University.